Wednesday 17 September 2008

Corp Update, USB headsets...

Last night, Deafplasma got a mail from a potential new corp member - a seeminly nice guy or gal (though given its eve, lets assume a guy...) from Canada - he certainally wrote a excellent EVE-mail indicating his aims in game which seem to concur with the corps. Unfortunatly I didn't have time to formulate a mail/speak to the guy as he/she wasn't online all night. Hopefully I'll catch him online at some point during the week - as he's an older character he really could assist with corp growth.. If not I'll reply with an EVE-mail today sometime once I get home this evening.

Jax's USB noise reducing mic arrived (like me he's using a PS2 socom style headset, which he acquired on ebay for a similar price to mine). We had a chat from 11pm -1am using voice, which is far nicer than chatting in game as you can be doing other activities at the same time :) I should comment to other EVE players that these PS2 headsets are great for EVE voice, Teamspeak etc... When you connect them to USB on the PC they present as a new sound card in/out. You switch ALL sounds in windows to use normal soundcards, and set eve-voice/teamspeak to use the headset. The noise reduction means I can have music playing, but to people I'm chatting to they can only hear my voice - can't reccomend this enough...

I'm basically playing on my own next 10 days, due to various real life occurances in Senx and Jax's life involving lack of broadband from both for a while... its going to be strange, was getting used to those guys being online.

In good news, the corporation mineral stockpile is now growing daily, and is keeping up with 2 traders running with it...

Tonight I won't get to play much - but should get a chance to refresh sell orders. I'm down to only having 47million of goods on the market - which for me is very very low.

No comments: