Tuesday 14 July 2009

Power loss, and mission hub movement

I finally managed to login to EVE on Monday for 3 and a half hours, after only 10 mins logged in on Sunday. Why? Well, my house had no Power on Sunday 9am-8:30pm, with 30 mins of power 2-2:30. I did manage in that 30 mins to get my skill queue altered - but my hopes (with a day off) of a full EVE day were just that - cruelly dashed by the local utility company. This is the 3rd power cut recorded by my UPS since November of significance, and admittedly does follow a period of stability from March. It was however the longest power cut of recent times.. The good news though was the fact that during the period of power I managed to copy a load of movies to the laptop and PSP, enough to keep me going during Sunday afternoon. I also surprisingly got out on the mountain bike for a 5 mile blast (mostly uphill).

Yesterday therefore was the first proper EVEning in a while...

As promised, I moved from a Fed Navy Level 3 mission hub to a Creodron level 2 agent. I flew over all my important ships and equipment and setup for an evening missioning, when I completed around 10 missions. Standings gains were okay, but I've still not opened any level 3's up yet unfortunately - this current home IS only temporary until level 3 missions of any quality are available to me.

Once level 4 R&D missioning is done, I will be moving back to my low-sec neighborhood... and starting the invention process with a (high-sec) POS providing the BPC's for use... I've decided to setup a POS in high-sec purely as I haven't found any moons with value enough to offset the risk of moon mining in low-sec.

Sometimes grinding for standing is boring, but personally as I haven't missioned in ages, coming across "Damsels in Distress" and that permanent pest Krull is a nice change from watching my back in low-sec from gangs of real pirates. Downside is it is considerably less lucrative than low-sec exploration....

3 comments:

Matthew Park said...

You should guys should join our Corp! Or we should start an alliance :) We have a POS in high sec with the cpu and power for one or two more labs. It's in .5 space too with a lot of nice roid fields or nice ones near by and there is also a couple ice fields. I'm not really on when you are but there are a few who play during the day a lot.

DeafPlasma said...

Honestly longer term we'll need 3-4 labs just for the science members of the corp. And for future use. I see us needing > 1 POS very quickly...

We're not ramping up on T2 production yet though, way way too much other things on - such as sorting logistics from low-high sec for some of the future fun I'm planning.

I'm also preparing for an influx in members as a few IRL friends may be joining game/the corp.

Matthew Park said...

thats cool. Yeah, we have been getting a lot of players in our corp too. These two guys in the corp keep inviting all of their RL friends to join.