The first banter of 2010 comes to us from the EVE Blog Father, in which I ask the following: As we begin another year in New Eden, ask yourselves "What Now?" What will I attempt next? What haven't I done so far in EVE? Was it out fear, funds, or knowledge? Have I always wanted to start my own corporation, but have never dared doing so? Is there a fledging mercenary waiting to come out of its shell? Or maybe an Industrialist? What steps and objectives will I set myself to accomplish in order to reach my ultimate goal for this year? EVE is what you make of it. So, what is it going to be for you?
With the future you have to first look at the past. 2009 was a good year for me in-game, with industrial activities growing over the year, but eventually hitting a wall of making profit, but not as much as I'd hoped when I started. 2010 will start re-evaluating the trading decisions made, with an aim to get out of small profit items and concentrate on big 1 million profit per item minimums. So my first aim for 2010 is to move from a 500 million isk turnover a month to a few billion. How to get there? Well invention was the plan for 2009, and skills are finally coming online to invent just about every module in existance (plus the ships). Aim was to get every skill needed to L4, and that will complete in mid-March, allowing me to compete in all T2 markets, and not just concentrate on small minorities.
Big aim for 2010 is to get the POS up - I've identified a system for this, miles from my usual hangouts - we don't even have an office in the system. Out of the way as its not for moon mining, but for reactions. Carefully placed one jump of a jump freighter from Empire - as this will factor heavily in logistics once I can afford one. The POS will be for T2 moon goo reactions and research (copying) of BPO's. I expect I'll visit it once every few days to move the reactions around, but it will NOT be my main hang out. I've also started logistics of fuel over the past month and have 2 weeks of fuel for a large pos there now. I need more for safety as the aim will be to get to having a jump freighter to factor as mentioned, and hauling fuel is relentless when you are 27 jumps from your main hub!
My other aim is to actually join an alliance and get some 0.0 or wormhole PvP boots in the latter part of 2010 - not done that yet, but I think DSTIC's industrial roots will help many a 0.0 alliance in logistics in terms of being able to build vs buy.
2010 will also involve getting back to blogging 2-3 times a week again as far as out of game activities go - works been a nightmare, and blogging even on my phone on the way to work isn't possible right now...
Dust 514 is interesting, if its going to be released this year (I hope) - I expect I'll be getting whichever console is required. CCP hurry up and commit, as I don't want to end up with the wrong one (PS3 or xbox, I'm not getting both).
I have renewed EVE for all of 2010 (on annual subs) - so I will be about - and I will be blogging about EVE once more. Look forward to chatting in game and seeing everyone more in next couple of weeks when work winds down from the post Christmas madness.
List of Participants:
- CrazyKinux's Musing - A beginning is a very delicate time...
- The Wandering Druid of Tranquility - Words, words, words…
- My God It's Full of Stars - What Now?
- The Elitist - Plans for 112yc
- Into the unknown with gun and camera - Show me the money
- Ecliptic Rift - Enabling the future
- Inanity and Doom - New Year's Resolutions, New Eden Style
- Break Vol - Blog Banter #14
- Guns Ablaze - What Now?
- Adventures in Mission Running - The Way Forward
- Diary of a Pod Pilot - Things I want to do
- Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah - The Year That Will Be
- Roc's Ramblings - WordPress ate my blog
- Vive Virtual - Frontier Living
- A Mule in EVE - Next on the chopping block
- Prano's Journey - I Peer Into My Crystal Pod...
- Life in Low Sec - Expanding the Franchise
- The Light of Stars - Testing the claims of CCP
- A Memoir From Space - A New Direction
- The Chronofile - Blog Banter 2010
- FlashFresh - What now for Flash?
- EVE Opportunist - Fyreite in 112
- Mike Azariah - Jiorj
- Yarrbear Tales - Year in Review
- More to come...